Employment Opportunities – Dispatcher
The City of Martin Police Department is accepting applications for the position of a full-time 911 Dispatcher.
The successful candidate will be a person who is energetic, motivated, and able to multi- task. This individual will possess a desire to make a difference in the lives of the community they serve.
Minimum requirements are:
1. Be at least 21 years of age.
2. Be a United States Citizen.
3. Have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
4. Be eligible for a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Possession of Valid Tennessee Driver’s License is required prior to appointment.
5. Pass a thorough background investigation.
6. Pass an Entrance Exam.
7. Oral Interview.
Requirements Upon Conditional Offer of Employment:
1. Pass physical exam which includes drug and alcohol screen.
2. A psychological evaluation.
3. Must attend and pass TIES training within six months.
Preferred candidate for 911 Dispatcher will possess experience working with the public, have basic typing and computer skills, work in a fast pace environment and possess clerical experience, and must be able to work rotating shifts.
Hourly rate: $12.18 an hour.
Benefit Package: City of Martin Health Insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield Vision, Delta Dental of Tennessee Dental, Dearborn Life Insurance & TCRS Retirement Benefits.
Applications can be obtained at the City of Martin Municipal Building or click here for a downloadable version. Resumes not accepted without a completed application. Deadline for submitting applications is Friday, June 2, 2017. Mail applications to:
City of Martin
Attn: Human Resources Department.
732 N. Lindell Street
Martin, TN 38237
The city of Martin is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.